Big Easy Shrimp
- 2 Slices of Canadian Bacon
- 1 Onion - Chopped
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper - Chopped
- 1 Stalk Celery - Chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic - Minced
- 16-oz Can of Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tsp Hot Pepper Sauce
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 lb. Medium Shrimp - Peeled and Deveined
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Place on paper towel to cool; crumble when cooled.
- Discard all but one tablespoon drippings.
- In the hot drippings, cook the onion, celery and bell pepper for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add the tomatoes (with juice), a bay leaf, 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce and a couple hits of Tobasco.
- Heat to boiling, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the shrimp and bacon and cook until the shrimp are opaque.
- Discard bay leaf before serving.
South Beach Diet Cookbook