White Bean Dip with Pita Chips
Whole Foods Flat Bread (Lavish) - It is shaped in large rectangles. Cut it into the size rectangles you wish. Pour some olive oil (1/4 Cup) in a small bowl, add 1 Tsp dried oregano. Lay cut bread on a cookie sheet and spread liberally with seasoned oil. Sprinkle with more dried oregano, salt and a little ground pepper. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, bake for 8 minutes then turn and bake about 2 minutes (watch carefully). Cool and keep in airtight container.
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 1-1/4 Tsp Salt - Plus More to Taste
- 1-1/4 Tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1 15-oz Can Cannelli Beans - Drained & Rinsed
- 1/4 Cup Loosely Packed Fresh Parsley Leaves
- 2 Tbs Fresh Lemon Juice (~1/2 Lemon)
- 1 Garlic Clove
Puree all in a Cuisinart. Note: I doubled the recipe, added the juice of 2 small lemons, and increased the garlic to 3 cloves. Can be made one day ahead.
Tina Early (2005)
Giada De Laurentiis Everdyday Italian Cookbook