Tuscan Apple Pie
- 2 lbs Golden Delicious Apples
- 12 Tbs Butter
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Prepared Piecrust
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Peel and core the apples, then cut each one into 8 wedges.
- Using half the butter, grease the bottom of a 10-inch by 2-inch non-stick cake pan. Sprinkle 5 tablespoons of the sugar evenly over the butter. Arrange the apple wedges on the sugared butter, evenly and in one layer.
- Put the pan on the stove, over medium heat, and cook until the sugar caramelizes, about 15 minutes. Remove pan from heat, sprinkle with the remaining sugar and dot with the remaining butter.
- Place pastry dough over the pan and tuck in the overlapping portion. Poke holes in the pastry with a fork. Place the entire pan in the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the crust is a golden brown.
- Cover the pan with a platter and flip the tart over onto it. Serve warm, and if desiring- top each serving with ice cream and 2 tablespoons Calvados.