Cheesy Cheese Grits
- 4 Cups Water
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 1/3 Cups Regular Grits or Polenta
- 2 Tbs Butter - Softened
- 1/2 Tsp Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 1/2 Cups SARGENTO 6 Cheese Italian Recipe Blend
- 1/2 Cup SARGENTO Old Fashioned Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4 Cup (1-oz) SARGENTO Fancy Shredded Parmesan Cheese - Divided
- Combine water and salt in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; gradually add grits, stirring constantly. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until grits are thickened. Stir in butter and pepper; remove from heat and spread half of grits in bottom of greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Combine Italian blend cheese and ricotta cheese. Dollop mixture evenly over grits. Spoon remaining grits evenly over cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 425º for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are golden. Sprinkle with paprika and serve immediately.
Yield: 6 servings
Southern Living (1995)