- 4 Chicken Quarters
- 1/2 Large Onion
- 4 Poblano Peppers - Deseeded (Or Combination of Jalapeno & Green Pepper)
- 4 Tomatillos
- 2 Large Cans Hominy
- 1/4 Tsp Oregano
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 3 Tsp Salt
- Cover chicken and onion in water. Add 2 garlic cloves and 2 Tsp Salt. Boil until chicken is tender (~45-60 minutes).
- Take 4 poblano peppers and 4 tomatillos, cover with water and boil until soft (~10-15 minutes). Place contents of saucepan in blender. Drain liquid. Add 1 garlic clove, and 1 Tsp salt. Blend until pureed completely.
- After deboning the chicken, return meat to stock, pour in the poblano/tomatillo mixture, 2 large cans of hominy (drained slightly), 1/4 tsp oregano, and return to a boil.
- Serve with: chopped cabbage; chopped jalapenos; sliced radishes; lime wedges; and tostados.
- 3 Jalapenos
- 2 Tomatillos
Boil for ~10 minutes until tender. Add 1 clove garlic and 1 Tsp salt. Blend on medium speed until pureed.
Lupe Adalpe (2006)