- 1 Cup Canola Oil
- 1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 Tbs Sugar
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 3 Whole Green Onions - Sliced
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Parsley
- 18 Whole Basil Leaves - Chiffonade
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Thyme
- 2 Cloves Garlic - Minced Finely
- 2 lbs Tomatoes - Cut into Quarters (if Big) or Halves (if Small)
- 1 Whole Baguette - Sliced
- 1 Clove Garlic - Peeled
- Combine all ingredients except tomatoes in a large glass bowl. Whisk to combine, then add tomatoes (you can up the quantities if need be). Use regular red tomatoes, or a mixture of red, yellow, heirloom, etc. Use different sizes of tomatoes, too - pretty!
- Allow to marinate for at least 3-4 hours, several hours if possible. Tomatoes will give off liquid as they marinate.
- Use leftover tomatoes to make bruschetta: slice baguette and brush slices with olive oil. Grill on a skillet or grill pan until golden. Rub slices with garlic cloves. Top with tomatoes, allowing juice to drip on the bread.
The Pioneer Woman