Blackberry Iced Tea
- 3 Cups Fresh or Frozen Blackberries - Thawed
- 1 1/4 Cups Sugar
- 1 Tbs. Chopped Fresh Mint
- Pinch of Baking Soda
- 4 Cups Boiling Water
- 2 Family-Size Tea Bags
- 2 1/2 Cups Cold Water
- Garnishes: Fresh Blackberries, Fresh Mint Sprigs
- Combine blackberries and sugar in large container. Crush blackberries with wooden spoon. Add mint and baking soda. Set aside.
- Pour 4 cups boiling water over tea bags; cover and let stand 3 minutes. Discard tea bags.
- Pour tea over blackberry mixture; let stand at room temperature 1 hour. Pour tea through a wire-mesh strainer into a large pitcher, discard solids.
- Add 2 ½ cups cold water, stirring until sugar dissolves. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Garnish, if desired.
- For the garnish, cut desired amount of wooden skewers into 5-inch length; then place fresh blackberries on skewers.
Mary Lee Miller