Paleo Noodles with Shrimp & Bacon
- 3-4 Slices Bacon
- 3 Tbs Butter
- 1 Garlic Clove - Minced
- 1/2 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 Cup Green Onions - Minced
- 12-oz Large Shrimp - Peeled and Deveined
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/3 Cup Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 5 Medium Zucchinis - Peeled and Spiralized
- 4-6 Chopped Basil Leaves
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- Cook bacon in large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Remove and drain on paper towel lined plate. Remove bacon fat leaving one teaspoon in skillet. Add butter and melt. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds and then add red pepper flakes, green onions and shrimp. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and cook for 2-3 minutes. Turn the shrimp and add lemon juice and cook an additional 2 minutes. Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon.
- Add the zucchini noodles (Zoodles) and toss to combine. Cook for 5 minutes or until tender. Return shrimp to skillet, along with basil and crumble in the bacon. Toss to combine. Serve with the grated cheese (optional).
- You can use grated goat cheese or omit the cheese completely. I added halved grape tomatoes.