Paul Prudhomme’s Blackened Fish
- 3 Tsp Salt - Optional
- 1/2 Tsp Red Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp White Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/4 Tsp Dried Basil
- 1/4 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 2 Tsp Paprika
- 8 Skinless, Boneless, Fillets of Fish (~1/4 lb Each)
- 1/2 Cup Melted Butter
- Combine the salt, red, pepper, white pepper, black pepper, thyme, basil, oregano and paprika in a small bowl. (I prefer to reduce the amount of each pepper by 1/2)
- Dip the fish pieces on both sides in butter. Sprinkle on both sides with the mixture of seasonings.
- Heat a black iron skillet over high heat about 5 minutes or longer (the hotter the skillet the better), until it is beyond the smoking stage and starts to lighten in color on the bottom.
- Add 2 or more fish pieces and pour about a teaspoon of butter on top of each piece. The butter may flame up. Cook over high heat about a minute and a half. Turn the fish and pour another teaspoon of butter over each piece. Cook about a minute and a half. Serve immediately. Continue until all the fillets are cooked.