Strawberries & Cream Angel Food Cake Roll
For the Cake
- 9 Egg Whites
- 1.5 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1 Cup & 2 Tbs Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Cake Flour
- 1 Tbs Powdered Sugar
For the Filling
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream - Chilled
- 6 Tbs Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Cups Diced Strawberries
- Place the egg whites in a large mixing bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line a 15 x 10" baking pan with waxed paper; lightly coat paper with cooking spray and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add vanilla & cream of tartar to egg whites; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, on high until stiff and glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Fold in flour, 1/4 cup at a time.
- Carefully spread batter into a prepared pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Dust a clean kitchen towel with 1 tablespoon powdered sugar. Turn the cake out onto the kitchen towel. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat the cream on medium speed until it begins to thicken. Add powdered sugar and vanilla; increase the speed to medium-high and beat until soft peaks form. Gently fold in the strawberries. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Unroll cooled cake; spread filling to within 1/2" of edges (you will have some filling leftover). Roll up again. Place seam side down on a serving plate; spring with additional powdered sugar, if desired. Serve with any leftover strawberries and cream filling. Store leftovers, covered with plastic wrap, in the refrigerator.