Spinach Mushroom Risotto
- 1 Cup Uncooked Arborio Rice
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- 2 Tbs Butter
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
- 3 Cups Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- 1 8-oz Pckg Mushrooms - Sliced
- 10-oz Fresh Spinach - Picked and Clean
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Parmesan
- Salt & Pepper (Optional)
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat broth to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to low to maintain simmer; cover.
- In 4-quart saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add onions and sauté 2 minutes until onion becomes transparent and begins to brown.
- Add rice and cook, stirring frequently, until rice grains are slightly translucent, approx. 1 minute. Add about 1/2 cup simmering broth to rice, stirring until liquid is absorbed. Continue cooking, adding remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time, and stirring after each addition until all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender but still firm, about 25 minutes (risotto should have a creamy consistency). Stir in mushrooms, spinach and Parmesan; heat through.
- Garnish with additional Parmesan, if desired.
- Make sure to have a glass or two of red wine while you cook the risotto!
- A good background CD to play while cooking risotto is Now that I've Found You by Alison Krauss