Pecan Crusted Chicken Breasts
- 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Halves
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 Cup Finely Chopped Pecans
- 3/4 Cup Flour
- Light Olive Oil
- Butterfly the chicken if it is thicker on one end than the other (it usually is). Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel, and salt and pepper each side.
- In one medium-sized bowl, beat the egg. In another bowl, combine the pecans and flour.
- Heat oil (cover the bottom of the pan) in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the skillet is hot, turn the heat down to a lower setting, somewhere between medium and low. Now, dip the first piece of chicken in egg, then coat in crumbs, using the back of a spoon to really press the nuts into the chicken. Place gently in pan. (It should sizzle right away; if it doesn't, take it out and increase the heat.) Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Don't flip it over until you can easily see some white (cooked) meat around the edges. Carefully turn each piece over. You may want to add a little more oil to prevent the pecans from scorching. Cook a few more minutes, and cut into the center of the thickest to check for doneness.