Crispy Roasted Chickpeas with Moroccan Spices
- 1 Can Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans)
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1/4 - 1/2 Tsp Moroccan Spice Mix
- Salt to Taste (I Use ~1/4 Tsp Kosher Salt)
- 2 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Tsp Ground Coriander
- 1/2 Tsp Chile Powder (I Used Ancho Chile Powder from Penzeys)
- 1/2 Tsp Sweet Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Allspice
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/8 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Pinch Ground Cloves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Note: I was making this in my favorite Oster Toaster Oven. If you're using a regular oven, I'd double the recipe and use a large cookie sheet.
- Drain garbanzo beans into a colander and rinse well with cold water until no more foam appears. Let beans drain for about 5-10 minutes then pat dry with a cloth of paper towel if they still look wet.
- While beans drain, make spice mix (This is great on many veggies, so make the full amount and store in a glass jar).
- When beans are well drained and dried, toss with olive oil, spice mix, and salt. Arrange in single layer on baking sheet. Roast 40-50 minutes, or until they are slightly browned and make a rattling sound when you shaking the baking sheet. Serve warm or let cool.